As many of you know, “Winterbay Abbey: A Ghost Story” went to #1 on the Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Kobo ghost thrillers and horror bestseller lists last night! It also jumped onto the Top 100 bestseller list on Amazon Canada.
To celebrate ALL OF YOU helping to make that happen, my co-author John Bladek and I are holding our holiday giveaway a little bit earlier than we’d planned to say thank you!
The winner will receive ALL of the following prizes:
1. A $75.00 Amazon.com gift card
2. A “cameo” in “Origin”, our upcoming action-adventure novel (winner’s name used for character of our choice in the book).
3. A submission of the first 20 pages of the winner’s manuscript or screenplay for critique and comment by both authors. (This can be gifted if the winner has no writing to critique. A critique is a great gift for a closeted writer you might know, or someone who needs some encouragement with their story and is hoping to take their writing to the next level. The first pages of your manuscript or screenplay are crucial to snag a reader’s, agent’s, or editor’s eye.)
4. A Kindle copy of “Scarlette: A Gothic Fairy Tale” (perfect for fans of Aaron Mahnke’s “Lore”)
5. And a hardback copy of both “Lost in Ghostville” and “Roll Up the Streets” by John Bladek, two funny middle-grade novels, great for an elementary-school reader, with Pixar-like adult-crossover appeal.
To enter, we require just two steps:
Sign up for my newsletter below. You will receive an immediate email. Make sure to check your inbox or spam folder & add me to your contacts/address book.
PLEASE NOTE: We won’t be able to reach you if your email is caught in the spam filter!
(If you are already subscribed to the newsletter and would like to enter, please send an email to [email protected] with the subject heading: NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIBER ENTRY).
FYI: This is a private email list. Addresses are never sold or shared.
In addition to subscribing to the newsletter, you must choose ONE of the following four options below:
• Share our giveaway Facebook post
• Retweet our giveaway Tweet
• Regram our photo on your Instagram gallery page with the hashtag #WinterbayAbbeyGiveaway
• Save our giveaway photo on Pinterest with the hashtag #WinterbayAbbeyGiveaway
(Shares on contest/giveaway accounts will not count as an entry. Shares must be from personal accounts. We will be confirming these shares.)
That’s it! This giveaway is only open to U.S. residents, and you must be 18 years of age to enter (official rules are posted below). My co-author and I will pick a winner at random and will contact the winner via email December 2nd. If you have questions, please write them in this post’s comments.
We wish you the very best of luck. Thanks again for all of your support, and we are excited to meet our special winner!
“Winterbay Abbey: A Ghost Story” Bestseller Holiday Giveaway – OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The “Winterbay Abbey” Bestseller Celebration Sweepstakes begins on November 22, 2017 @ 12:00 am Pacific standard time and ends on November 29th, 2017 @ 12:00 pm Pacific standard time.
The sponsors of this Sweepstakes are John Bladek and Davonna Juroe. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the Sweepstakes. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments, or problems related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may be reached by email at [email protected] during the Promotion Period.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age as of November 22, 2017. Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors, and employees (the “Promotion Entities”), are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Grand Prize: One winner will receive the following:
1. A cameo in “Origin” (Winner’s name used for character of our choice in the book. Winner must sign an official release allowing use of their name.)
2. $75 Amazon.com gift card
3. submission of sample of winner’s manuscript or screenplay (20-page limit of sample) for comment by both authors (this can be gifted to ONE person of at least the age of 18 of the winner’s choice if the winner has no writing to critique),
4. A copy of “Lost in Ghostville” by John Bladek, a copy of “Roll Up the Streets!” by John Bladek, and an eBook copy of “Scarlette: A Gothic Folktale” by Davonna Juroe.
Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded. Gift cards and gift certificates are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Prizes cannot be transferred (except in the case of the manuscript/screenplay submission), redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV ($400) of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia, and of at least 18 years of age, and Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within said locations. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period online by visiting the entry form, which can be found on the following website at http://www.davonnajuroe.com/
Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the Entrant. Any attempt by Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void Entrant’s Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
5. WINNER SELECTION: The Winner(s) of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted about November 30, 2017, after the Promotion Period by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information approximately December 2, 2017 after the random drawing. Potential Winner must accept the prize by email as directed by Sponsor by January 1, 2018. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or Winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account.
Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively “the Prize Claim Documents”). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or landline phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participant’s or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download of any materials in the Sweepstakes.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part. In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total ARV as set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor and Released Parties shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Sweepstakes.
9. SOCIAL NETWORK DISCLAIMER
10. WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of the Winner List or a copy of these Official Rules by emailing [email protected] Requests for the names of the winners must be received no later than December 31, 2017. For accessing a Winner List, email [email protected]